IP Address is also called as Internet Protocol Address. Local IP Address is the internal address in which your router assigns a unique address to all the devices of your home network like computers, phones, laptops and tablet etc. This address is private and not visible to outside your network. In case, you need any assistance, you can contact AVG team through www.avg.com/retail.
How to Find Local IP Address on Windows?– www.avg.com/retail
Find Local IP Address on Window 10:
- You should open the Windows Start menu and then select Settings option.
- Now, you have to select Network & Internet.
- Here, you should select Wi-Fi in the left side panel and then just click on Advanced Settings option. In case, if you have wired connection, then you should select Ethernet and then you have to click on Network connection.
- In both the cases, your local IP will show you in the next window.
- To view your local IP address, it will comes under “IPv4 address”.
Find Local IP Address on Window 8, 8.1 and 7:
- You should select Network Connection through the icon and then you should choose open Network and Sharing System.
- Now, you have to double-click on Wireless Network Connection or for wired connection, you should click on Local Area Connection.
- Here, just select Details to view your IP address.
Find Local IP Address on Window Vista:
- You should go to the Windows Start menu, and just right-click on Network option.
- Then, you should select Properties option just to open the Network and Sharing Center.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, then you should go to the Wireless Network Connection and then you have to select View Status. If in case, you are using wired connection, then you have to go to the Local Area Connection and just click on View Status.
- Here for both the connection, you should choose Details option. You can see your local IP address in the new window which pops up.
Find Local IP Address on Windows XP:
- You should go to the Windows Start menu and right-click on the My Network Places.
- Now, you should select Properties and this will open a screen named Network Connection.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, then click on Wireless Network Connection. If you are using wired connection, then click on Local Area Connection.
- Then you should select the Support tab, and click on Details option to see your IP address.
How to Find Local IP Address on Mac?
- First, open the Apple menu and then just click on System Preference.
- Then, double-click on the Network icon or you can use the View menu just to select Network.
- In the Network Preferences, you should select either Ethernet for wired connections or Wi-Fi for wireless connection.
- Then you will see your IP address in the middle.
The above method will help you to find your Local IP Address on Window and Mac. If in case, you need any kind of assistance then you can call the expert of AVG team anytime. For details, you can go to the site of AVG via avg.com/retail.