AVG antivirus is the most effective security software which secures your gadget from all kind of internet threat like malware, viruses and from ransomware attacks etc. You can install this useful application in your gadget through www.avg.com/retail. But sometimes user’s faces issues like AVG stops working in Mac. And this issue occurs due to incomplete installation, missing files while downloading, and also because of incompatible system configuration. In this blog, you will read the how to solve issue if AVG stops working in Mac.
Solution To Troubleshoot AVG Stops Working in Mac:
- Uninstall AVG Antivirus for Mac:
- You should turn on your Mac device and then go to the AVG antivirus for Mac.
- After this, you should click on the AVG antivirus on the menu bar.
- Now from the drop-down menu, you should select Uninstall AVG antivirus option.
- At this point, a pop-up message will come on your computer screen.
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Here, you have to enter your Mac administrator password just to start the uninstallation procedure.
- Now, you should type your Mac credentials and just click on ‘ok’ button.
- You should wait for some time to finish the uninstallation procedure.
- Another Method to Uninstall AVG Antivirus:
- You have to visit to the finder on your Mac computer.
- Then, you should click on ‘Go’ option from the menu bar options.
- Here, from the drop down list, you have to click on the ‘utilities’ option.
- Now in the utility window, you should find and click on the ‘terminal’ icon to open it.
- When you see the ‘command line’ opens, then you have to type the below command:
- At this point, you have to click on ‘return’ button to execute the command.
- After you executed the command, then you will see a pop-up message comes on your screen.
- At that point, you should click on ‘uninstall’ option.
- At last, just follow the directions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Install AVG Antivirus for Mac:
- First, open your browser in your Mac computer.
- Now, you should go to the www.avg.com/retail from your web browser.
- Then, you have to click on the ‘free download’ option.
- Now, AVG will automatically download in your computer.
- After this, you should find the downloaded file in your PC.
- Just you have to double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation wizard.
- Then in the dialogue box, just double-click on the ‘Install AVG Antivirus’.
- Now, the pop-up will displays on your computer screen.
- After this, you have to click on the ‘continue’ button and then again, click on the ‘continue’ button in the introduction page.
- Again you will see the pop up message on your computer screen. 11. Then, just click on Continue button.
- At last, you have to click on ‘install’ option and then type your Mac password to finish the installation.
With the above solutions, you can troubleshoot the issue “AVG Stops Working on Mac”. For more details, you can visit to the site of AVG via avg.com/retail.