IP Address is basically the unique number assigned to each device. It helps to identify and makes the devices to communicate with each other. There are two types of IP Address, Dynamic and Static Address. Dynamic Address is which keeps on changing and Static address which does not change. In this blog, you will read the advantages and disadvantages of Static and Dynamic IP Address. For more information, just contact the expert of AVG via www.avg.com/retail.
Advantages of Static IP Address:
- Static IP addresses provide you better DNS support and it is very easy to setup.
- If you have a static IP address, then your customer can easily find you via DNS. Your clients can quickly get to your websites and services.
- If you have static IP address, then you can work remotely by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Static IP address makes it easier for you to use Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) for teleconferencing and video communications.
- With a static IP address, you will get more reliable geo-location service. avg.com/retail
Disadvantages of Static IP Address:
- If you have a static IP address, then hackers can easily know where your server is on the Internet. This makes it easy for hackers to attack on your device. For the safety, you can install AVG antivirus software in your device.
- Generally, ISPs charge more for static IP addresses, mainly with consumer ISP plans.
- If anybody has the proper network tools can easily find where you and your computers is located. VPN can help you to hide your physical location.
Advantages of Dynamic IP Address:
- Dynamic IP address, provides you the easy and automatic configuration as in this DHCP server automatically assigns the device the next available IP address.
- You can easily save money by using a dynamic IP address.
- It gives you unlimited IP addressing like in a network, your devices are automatically connected with a fresh dynamic IP address and this prevent conflicts when two devices are using the same IP Address.
- With a dynamic IP address, it becomes difficult to target your networked equipment. For the security of your network address, you can use VPN.
- It provides you better physical security as it becomes harder for hacker to find out where you’re located. You can also use VPN for hiding your IP Address. www.avg.com/retail
Disadvantages of Dynamic IP Address:
- Dynamic IP Address do not work well for hosted services like for a website or email server as DNS doesn’t work well with dynamic IP addresses because the address is always changing.
- If you have dynamic IP Address , this may limit your remote access as your program might find trouble in connecting. VPN programs can help you in this situation.
- Sometimes your ISP cannot be able to assign you a dynamic IP address and this will result in interruption in your internet connection.
- A dynamic IP address gives you less accurate geo-location as it does not reflects your real-world location.
Hence, Static IP addresses are good for businesses, which have their own websites and it also work well if you have remote workers. And Dynamic IP addresses are good for most consumers as they are cheaper and in this there is fewer security risks. For more details, you can visit to the site AVG via avg.com/registration.
click here this link: What are the Ways to Uninstall AVG Web Tune Up?