Today, hackers have made a new technique to hijack phone because they know all the people are depending on the phones for their work and their official and financial details are stored in their phone. Hackers hijack phone to steal your valuable data and make money from that. As hijacking make easier for them to get your personal information and they can easily use it for their own benefit. So, it is your responsibility to take care of your phone. Hence, AVG team wants their user to know, how they can prevent phone hijacking. You can install this software through www.avg.com/retail. This antivirus protects your gadget from all kind of internet crime like malware, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, ransomware and also against phishing attack. It immediately detects the threat and blocks it. It is compatible with the devices like Window OS, Mac, Laptops, Computers, and Android Phones. In this blog, you will read how to prevent Phone hijacking.
Tips To Prevent Phone Hijacking:
- Today mobile companies are aware of this crime and they are taking steps to protect their customers and the companies are requesting their customer to create a PIN. Whenever the customer calls the customer care executive, they ask for the PIN and it is advised that you should not disable it.
- You should check your phone status immediately, if your phone receives “no signal” or says, “Emergency calls only,”. In this situation you should restart your the phone, or you can your provider.
- It may be occur because of the phishing attacks. So, it is advised you should not click on suspicious links. Because through this link malware install in your device. You should copy and paste the link which is provided in the email in the browser and check it, if is legitimate or fake.
- It is advised that you should not publish your phone number on your public profile on social media.
- You should regularly check your credit card bills, bank statements and phone bills. If it doesn’t matches, then you should report it immediately.
- It is advised that you should not use the same usernames and passwords in several websites. You should generate complex, unique and strong password which is difficult to guess by hackers or you can take the help of the password manager and can store the entire password in it.
If you still having any kind of problem, then you can visit to the official website of AVG antivirus through avg.com/retail. Or you can call the customer care expert anytime anywhere on their toll free number.
read also – How You Can Protect Your Company From Hackers During Tax Season?-Avg.com/retail