Sometimes, user tries to install AVG antivirus software in their devices and then instantly receives the error like AVG Error Code 1406. Hence, in this article, you will learn the solution of the AVG Error Code 1406. But if in case the user need support, then just visit to the site via www.avg.com/retail.
Causes Of AVG Error Code 1406:
The causes of the AVG Error Code 1406 are due to if the user tries to install any software in their devices like in computer or in laptop.
Steps to Resolve AVG Error Code 1406:
1: Initiate a Clean Boot:
For Windows 7:
- For this, you should open your computer system and then just visit to the start button.
- Then, you should log in to your computer system as an administrator.
- After this, you should click on the start menu.
- Now, you will see the search box appears on your computer screen.
- Here, you have to type msconfig.exe in the box which appears on your screen and then hit on Enter key.
- At this point, you should click on the general tab and then you have to choose the selective startup option.
- Then, you should click on the clear load option which appears on your computer screen.
- After this, you need to click on the services tab and then just choose hide all Microsoft services option.
- Then, you should disable all and just click on the Ok button.
- At the end, you should restart your computer system.
2: Providing Permissions to the Software:
- You should open your computer system and then just navigate to the start button.
- After this, you should type regedit in the box which appears on your computer screen and then tap on Enter key. www.avg.com/retail
- Then, the registry editor dialog box appears on your computer screen.
- Now, it will display the location in the status bar.
- At this point, you should find the location which is given in the error.
- And just open the folder and then click on the permissions tab.
- After this, you need to select the administrator’s group and then just select allow checkbox in full control.
- Here, you have to select the system group.
- Then under the Allow column, you should check that the full control is selected.
- Now, the permission dialog box appears on your computer screen.
- Next, you have to click on the advanced option.
- Then, you should go to the owner’s tab and then just select administrators group.
- Here, you should click on the option replace the owner and tap on Ok option.
- After this, go to the permissions tab and just select the option to replace all the child object permissions with inheritable permissions and press Ok button.
- At this point, you need to close all the windows and then again try to reinstall the application software.
- If in case, you are still finding the issue, then just reboot the system and then try to install the software.
These are the steps which help to solve AVG Error Code 1406. If the customer need help, then they can call the expert of AVG Support team through avg.com/retail.
check here this link: Easy Way To Troubleshoot AVG Error Code 1922: